Friday, May 4, 2007

on a mountain

well i am alone, stuck on a mountain. somehow i planned this, although now it feels like my famous impulsivity at work. i think thats mostly because i now feel exactly what i knew i was asking for- solitude. i havent really had it for a long time... ironically, im emailing from my cell phone in the midst of said quest, though that has as much to do with the fact that the bears in japan, unlike their wussy eastern american cousins, eat or maul their run-ins rather than run. (i skipped my dinner of granola and instead double bagged the unopened bags, and threw them away from my "tent" instead. i dubify the noun with quotes, for it is merely a tarp suspended betwixt strings. and right now as i can hear the night critters stirring, i really wish i had a zipper btw me and them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds like you're deep in the inaka. I never went camping when I was there. I had no idea about the bears. Be careful out there man and enjoy it.