Thursday, June 21, 2007

the Puppet Master

I think I have discovered my lost calling in the form of elementary school teacher.  I am just too goofy... I think I was born to do this.  The kids I taught today were amazing, too, though, so I`m sure they had a lot to do with it.

It seems like the big difference between elementary and junior high students is that the JH kids either have attitude, lazy-butt syndrome, think they`re too cool to listen to you, or are too shy to even look at you.  In elementary school these kids are still crazy headed little nut-jobs, but at least you can control them like puppets.  Get excited, and they catch it like a virus.  Calm down and use your commanding voice, and its like they`ve been hypnotized.

Of course, the only drawback is that it takes a lot of energy to play the puppet-master, and I am wiped out now.  I had a great time, though.
 
That was only one class.  On Tuesday I teach 4... back to back <shudder>.
-PMJ

No comments: