Thursday, March 15, 2007

The countdown begins... 9 days, 17 hours

This is the home stretch, the final ten days before take off. At 9:36 AM I will fly out of Tampa, FL, and will land at Narita Airport in Tokyo, Japan at 4:20 PM Tokyo time. All in all, that should take about 18 hours. I'll have to sleep on the plane, because otherwise I will be staying up for about 36 hours straight, and I don't think I've ever even broken 25 consecutive hours of consciousness.

People ask, "Are you nervous?" I should probably be more nervous than I am, but I've got Chad Hubbard and Cynthia Suich being nervous for me. That's more than enough. Plus, I'm more concerned about my Dad going to Kenya. All in God's hands, and all in good time. I've never found anxiety to be a worthy mate.

9 days and 17 hours to launch. Now where did I put those Japanese flashcards?

1 comment:

Jonathan D. Coppadge said...

Woohoo! I'm excited for you! Don't worry. I was awake for 40 hours the first time I came to France, but you don't notice it because of the adrenaline. You'll just sleep really well the next night! :-)