Saturday, March 31, 2007

Done with training... off to DAIGO!!!

In a couple of hours, I will shove off from Tokyo's Asakusa Central Hotel, and spend the night in Mito. In the morning, I will frantically run around trying to convince the town of Daigo-machi that I am a real person, and that I am really here. Then I will get an apartment, and a car, and a keitai (cell phone). Then I will crash.

Steven Wagner, from the Atlanta area, will live in apartment 102. I will live in 101. 6,500 miles from home, and I live next door to another Georgia boy from 2 hours away. Small world.

I will be split between two junior highs, and 3 elementary schools. This is gonna be IN-TENSE.

The jet lag is crazy. I'm doing my best to be genki (fine, happy, swell, upbeat) and keep everyone else the same. I'm really looking forward to being in Daigo and seeing my 'home' and getting a feel for the town, wandering around in the woods, and just breathing deeply.

I must say, there are some rather overwhelming undercurrents of emotion, already, but I'm so happy to be here, and can't wait for the adventure ahead.

Now where did I put my train ticket....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Josh!
Good to see that you've stepped out into an adventure--that just happens to be on the other side of the world. When you go for it, you go for it. "Supercool", as the french say. I hope you're having a good time, and finding the differences not too overwhelming. Remember Philippians 4:11-13.

Jared said...

Sweet, Josh, you're actually IN JAPAN!

Unknown said...

O,yes, have a good time in Japan